70.3 Triathlon Level 1 Plan – Get rid of short swim sessions?!?!

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    akrohn
    Participant

Hi Team,

I have following issue: The plan includes three short (avg. 30min) swim sessions per week. I am member of a local triathlon club offering a weekly 1-1,5h swim session (with a coach).

I would like to prevent to go to the pool more often as this is not my weakness and the cost structure of the only pool around is somewhat expensive. I would have to pay a lot of extra money for a 25-30min swim.

What would be the best approach with the swim sessions? Can I merge or extend sessions? Which one would be best to cancel? Any ideas or tips?

I think I can mange a second swim  per week every now and then but not three times per week plus the extra run/bike sessions on the same day – as in total the travel/changing times will be higher than the exercising time.

Thanks,

Andreas

coachanne
    Keymaster

If you have a swim group that you regularly train with, then you can absolutely fit those in to your training plan.   No matter what distance you are training for, if you can get all of the swim workouts in each week, you will see gains within that discipline.  Swimming 1 day/ week is not really the best thing to do while training for any distance triathlon even if you have a good swimming back ground.

Consistency is key!

Coach Anne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Posted in

akrohn

You must be logged in to create new topics and to reply to topics.