80/20 workouts on VqVelocity, what gear to start in

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mburdesh@yahoo.com
    Participant

I recently did a workout and didn’t pay attention to what gear I was in when I started. Later in the workout, for a segment that was simulating a 6% incline, I was not able to shift down into a lower enough gear to keep my power in the proper range.

Do I need to start the workout in a higher gear or even in the big ring?

Thx,

MB

mburdesh@yahoo.com
    Participant

Sorry for all the markup in my post.

MB

coachanne
    Keymaster

MB,

Could you repost your question please?

Coach Anne

David Warden
    Keymaster

Looks like this is the post:

I recently did a workout and didn’t pay attention to what gear I was in when I started. Later in the workout, for a segment that was simulating a 6% incline, I was not able to shift down into a lower enough gear to keep my power in the proper range. Do I need to start the workout in a higher gear or even in the big ring?

MB, thanks for using our forums. Ideally, you’re at a cadence of 80-90 for the non-inclines, and as low as 60 for the simulated incline. But, I am having trouble visualizing the workout, could you tell me which workout you were trying to perform and which gear you started with (such as small chainring, middle cassette…)

David

mburdesh@yahoo.com
    Participant

Dave,

Sorry for the long delayed reply. I start in the small ring in front, and the largest gear in the back. And I was doing the Intro to VqVelocity workout where the instructor takes you through all the features and explains all the different parts of the screen.

Thx,

MB

mburdesh@yahoo.com
    Participant

I figured out the answer to my own question. In the upper left is a widget to increase or decrease the resistance of the trainer. Even though my trainer is controlled by the Velocity platform, the resistence is sometimes still too high so I use this widget to adjust the resistance.

coachanne
    Keymaster

Glad you found a way to make the adjustment!

I always recommend for my riders to begin in the big ring in the front and the middle of the back.  When the coach is asking you to change gears, you may run out of gears because his/ her gearing may be different than yours.  For example, if the coach is riding a 12 speed cassette and you are on a 10 speed, you will not be able to make as many shifts as they do.

Overall, the Velocity platform is amazing.  Be sure to tell your friends about it and let them know about our free trial!

Hope to see you on a ride soon!

Coach Anne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Posted in

mburdesh@yahoo.com

You must be logged in to create new topics and to reply to topics.