Long term strategy and 8020 endurance plans

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VaDor
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, I am a beginner and happy subscriber of 8020 plans. I finished my 10k plan level 0 (it was great) and I am starting my half marathon plan level1.

My question is on the long term strategy. After completing the half marathon training and therefore run a half marathon race which I have scheduled. I want to improve my timings in both 10k and 20k races. I don’t see repeating the half marathon or 10k training which I did provide more growth. So what’s the long term strategy to use endurance 8020 to continuously improve my efficiency as a runner and therefore times? What plans can I use to support me after I completed the “basic” plans for each type of race?

Thank you!

coachanne
    Keymaster

Congratulations on finishing your 10k!

Our plans can definitely be used continuously, and many folks do that for several years in a row. All of our plans have different levels which can help you progress to your next goal. Since the level 0 plan worked well for you, the next time you can try level 1, 2, etc. The good news is that if you start a new level and it’s too much, you can always scale back down.

Depending on where you are in your training, there may be a time that repeating the same plan will benefit you greatly. As your fitness increases, your heart rate zones will also change, thus changing the workouts within the plan you have. Chances are, you’ll see improvements each time you use a plan since your body and physical condition are always changing.

The good news is that you have a lot of options with us and finding the right plan for your next goal is something we can help with when you are ready!

VaDor
    Participant

Thank you and very good answer. I will definitely take that into consideration for the next challenge.

maddenap
    Participant

I would also recommend the run faster and/or the build run endurance plans. I used the run faster plan to increase my speed without a race goal. I highly recommend it if you are not training for a specific distance but just want to improve speed.

Andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Posted in

VaDor

You must be logged in to create new topics and to reply to topics.