What is the 20 in 80/20?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #20669
    GWadley
    Participant

    Downloaded a maintenance plan as well as reviewing sample weeks from other plans. I can see lots of zone 1 and 2 work as expected. However, the plans only seem to go to a zone 3 effort? I though the 80/20 concept was 80% at zone 1/2 and the remaining 20% at zone 4/5? Am I correct? Or can the 20% be anything that isn’t zone 1 or 2?

    #20685
    coachanne
    Keymaster

    You are correct, the 20% is anything above Zone 1 and 2 (80%). Since you are using a maintenance plan, you will enjoy some time in to Zone 3 but not a lot above that. When you begin training for a specific goal or race, you will find the upper zones listed in the workouts.

    Hope that helps!

    Coach Anne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Posted in

GWadley

You must be logged in to create new topics and to reply to topics.